Prices are from £2500 depending on duration of flight required.
- 20 minute airborne passenger flight in a T9 dual cockpit WW2 Spitfire
- Fly In A Spitfire 2017 the legendary Mk IX Spitfire NH341 warbird of Grizzly Bear squadron
- NH341 Code DB-E Flew with the the famous pilots of RCAF 411 Squadron and had two kills over Normandy in June 1944Includes essential safety briefing, flight-suit and boots throughout
- Includes a limited edition gift pack to present to a loved one
- Gift pack includes Spitfire Pilot's Notes and Event info notes in a vintage folder
- Plan your flight with your pilot – headset communication in flight
- Fly from Sywell, Northamptonshire or Headcorn, Kent in 2017
- Flight experience approved by the Civil Aviation Authority
- Optional High Definition Multi-camera and intercom audio cockpit video footage
- Family welcome – excellent viewing of the runway and aircraft
- FREE car park, cafes, bars, Museum
- Buy and receive your Fly In A Spitfire Gift Pack to present to a loved one
- 30 minute, 40 minute and 60 minute upgrade options available call for more info
NH341 History and Restoration
Spitfire NH341 was built at Castle Bromwich as a Spitfire Low Level Fighter (LFIXE) and delivered to 8 MU on the 28th April 1944. It was sent to Miles Aircraft for modifications to be fitted before delivery to 411 (Grizzly Bear) squadron RCAF on 22nd June 1944. This was the only squadron NH341 served with and was flown by several pilots. On the 29th June 1944, NH341 downed an ME109 five miles West of Caen. NH341 destroyed a BF109 on the evening of 30th June 1944 over Thury Hurcourt. However, by the 2nd July NH341 had been lost. Warrant Officer James "Jimmy" Jeffrey 411 Squadron - was flying a morning patrol in NH341 on the 2nd July 1944 when he was engaged by FW190's of JG26 South-East of Caen. W/O Jeffrey was shot down, but he baled out and successfully evaded capture, returning in late August. Read his amazing story HERE
The Aero Legends Spitfire NH341 Code DB-E is being restored and converted to a dual cockpit T9 version by the experts at Historic Flying Ltd (HFL), Duxford. Follow the restoration of our Mk IX Spitfire NH341 on our Aero Legends restoration blog
Aero Legends staff greet you at the Aero Legends main reception and proceed with your check-in. Sywell and Headcorn Aerodromes both have free parking and good facilities. With excellent viewing areas of the runway, a café and licensed bar, we encourage your family and friends to savour the atmosphere and share your day. Your day will start with a flight briefing where you will receive all the practical safety information required to fly in a Spitfire - as approved by the CAA.
A unique once in a lifetime opportunity to experience 20 minutes in a T9 Spitfire. This is a very rare and unique experience, made even more amazing when you're flying in an actual Spitfire used during WW2 combat in the Battle for Normandy. During your flight you will experience the sights, sounds and smells of the cockpit during flight and communicate with your pilot, viewing the skills and techniques it takes to fly such an historic aircraft.
Photography and video
Your fly in a spitfire experience in the T9 will be filmed throughout your flight and available as an optional purchase after your flight. Cockpit video footage is taken for each flight. The video is produced from a forward facing camera, a cockpit facing camera and the audio from the pilot and passenger intercom. Spectators and family members can take photos and videos from the ample viewing areas assigned in safe positions at each aerodrome.
For the ultimate Battle of Britain flying experience we can offer flights in the Tiger Moth and Harvard. Those who undertake this package complete the training progress of aircraft like a pilot in WW2 culminating in the Spitfire T9, the ultimate Battle of Britain Flight Experience. This package also includes an essential safety briefing, flight-suit and boots throughout. Your Ultimate Spitfire Experience will be filmed throughout your Spitfire flight. The Spitfire has a front and rear facing HD cockpit video system with intercom audio installed. You will be given the memorable footage at no extra charge. HD Cockpit video footage is available for the Tiger Moth and Harvard as a chargeable extra. This package is completed in one day.
The flights included are as follows:
- 40 minutes in the Spitfire
- 45 in the T6
- 45 in the Tiger Moth